|RATING OUTLOOK||All stable|
|FUNDING VOLUME 2021/2022||€7BN/€7.3BN|
|RISK WEIGHT, LCR LEVEL, SOLVENCY II||0%, level 1, 0%*|
ECB, ECB PSPP, ECB PEPP, RBA, RBNZ
*Except with RBNZ.
L-Bank is the development agency of the German federal state of Baden-Württemberg. It is the second-largest German state development agency, with total assets of €89.6 billion. The main goal of L-Bank is to implement economic and regional policy initiatives on behalf of the Baden-Württemberg state government in a competition-neutral way. The main areas of business are:
• Economic development via support for SMEs.
• Residential development.
• Helping families by granting benefits.
• Public-sector financing: providing financial services to local municipalities within the federal state of Baden-Württemberg.
• Environmental and climate protection: reducing CO2 emissions is a prime objective and L-Bank also supports municipal-level environmental-protection measures.
• Infrastructure development: L-Bank supports communities in enhancing their offerings with a variety of financing programmes. L-Bank offers interest-subsidised financing for municipal investors.
• Education: L-Bank offers tuition financing to ensure equal opportunities and enable all qualified young people in Baden-Württemberg to attend an institute of higher learning.
• Technology parks: through its subsidiaries, L-Bank operates technology parks in selected university locations.
PUBLIC ISSUER ESG RATINGS/SCORES
|INSTITUTION||RATING/SCORE (all unsolicited)|
|C (prime) (2021)
13.3 (low risk)
Sustainable funding strategy
The basis of all L-Bank activities is the statutory public-service mandate set down in the L-Bank Act. The bank’s business activities are focused on the sustainable development of the bank and the state of Baden-Württemberg.
For this purpose, sustainability aspects are embedded in L-Bank’s business strategy and a sustainability management system was introduced in 2013. At the same time, the state of Baden-Württemberg’s sustainability strategy acts as L-Bank’s guideline and frame of reference. As all business activities of L-Bank have an environmental or social purpose, L-Bank considers all its bonds to be sustainable.
SSA Yearbook 2022
The annual guide to the world's most significant supranational, sovereign and agency sector issuers.